Defense Measures – and suddenly you are the focus point
A stock-listed without any major shareholders and therefore a high free float must always fear an unexpected hostile takeover. When it happens, it often starts suddenly and out of the blue – in such a situation many targeted companies are not well prepared. The clock starts ticking now – many companies lose time in the first few hours after a public takeover announcement to get themselves coordinated.
MAIDAN Capital Advisors advises you on how to prepare such situations in advance for example by
- outlining - together with a legal advisors - the basic framework and behavior rules
- developing – together with a legal advisor – protective legal as well as corporate governance measures
- analyze the company’s overall HR situation in light of a hostile takeover scenario
- compiling details of key shareholders as well as internal and external stakeholders
- developing the “chain of command” in a takeover scenario
- developing a communication strategy as well as preparing the respective internal as well as external communication
- preparing the best strategy to approach “white knights”
- summarizing all documentation in a “Red Book”
Please contact us for further information.